Thursday, January 12, 2012

- Civil Rights

One of the main stop today is the New Orleans African American Museum. It is located in the oldest surviving black community in the United States. The museum is a beautiful Treme Villa. We had a lady lead us to walk around the museum. That was a wonderful experience. She is so knowledgeable. I really enjoy walking around the gallery. They used an antique-styled gold frame and took a picture outside it. Those pictures show the face of African-American are so happy. Unlike what I have seen before in this trip, I finally saw some pictures the African-American are smiling:)


- Swamp Tour

Sitting on a high speed air boat, the tour guide was taking us to see the gators. This is my first time to join a swamp tour and see real gators. I had wonderful memories of the time on the swamp. I cannot believe that I can hold the small alligator. This is so awesome!


No comments:

Post a Comment