Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Last day in Memphis

Well, this is the last day of our pilgrimage. Unfortunately, I get fever today. Now I am on the bus to go back to Eau Claire. It's going to be a long ride, we gonna stay on the bus whole night. I feel not good right now, but try to member today might let me feel batter.

We hit the road about 8:30 this morning. This morning we had a bus tour. We met a nice guide, please forgive me I forget her name. The most event I am interested in is, we visited the original house of W. C. Handy. W. C. Handy is famous by his Blues music. He was called the father of Blues. During the apartheid era, Handy used Blues music to brought people, no matter black and white, get together. This is the music power. W. C. Handy use music to contribute to the eradication of apartheid. After visited W. C. Handy's orignal house, we went to other stop; however because of I'm sick, so I just stay on the bus, I miss several points today.

After lunch, we went to National Civil Rights Museum. Actually this museum was the motel which Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. was murdered. I went to this museum before, so this time I didn't entered.

I just headed over to the famous Beale Street. This street is the christmas of Bules fans. Street performer and the performers play live music, and bars and club feature live entertainment until dawn. In 2008. Beale Street was the most vivited tourist attraction in the state of Tennessee.

After the Beale Street time, we loaded on bus to go back home. This ten days pilgrmage was interesting and meaningful. This also will be an important experience of my study life in the United States.

No comments:

Post a Comment