Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I can't believe it is over!

I could not imagine my life without this experience. I feel like this experience adds so much to your life that it is hard to explain. Of course the entire trip I was gathering materials and lesson planning in my head for my future students (I am graduating in May with a special education degree). There is SO much that is left out in the education of our youth and it needs to change.

One of the most heartfelt parts of the trip for me was when we were at the Clinton School of Public Service, where we met with some current students there. They reaffirmed my passion and desire to help others, to educate our youth and make a difference. Sometimes people (or the 'haters' as the pastor told us at Ebenezer) want to keep us down and discourage us to not do what we set out to do in life. I am sick and tired of others telling me that I am just young and nieve right now and that I will eventually 'settle down' and not have such lofty goals. Well I am sorry but I am never going to 'settle down'. If anything, my desire and passion will just grow stronger with each day.

I just would like to thank all of the participants of this trip, the organizers (Tony, Ann and Sarah), Jodi and Kim, and especially all of donors for the trip as this was by far one of the most impactful experiences of my life. Thank you SO much!

No comments:

Post a Comment