Sunday, March 15, 2009

Let it rain!

The best thing to do on a rainy day is to simply let it rain; I had an exceptional day! There was so much warmth in the atmosphere, especially at the congregation at Ebenezer Church. Everyone was so welcoming that it made the experience so much more meaningful. Congressman Lewis evoked so much inspiration, no doubt hate is a heavy burden and him keeping the stregth through all the adversity is so motivational. Inspired and moved, those words express what I felt & what I took from Atlanta. I am reminded that courage is not always obvious, it isn't always loud but no matter what, at the end of it all, at the end of the day it does say, "try again tomorrow because there's always hope". Our country has definitely come a long way to get to where we are today but not everyone truly understands the struggles or history of the Civil Rights Movement. Being in Atlanta has definitely allowed me to see a personal look into the Civil Rights movement, something that textbooks can never fully paint.

I look foward for the rest of the pilgrimage...

No comments:

Post a Comment