Sunday, March 23, 2008

O my!


That was the best Spring Break ever! I loved every minute of it.... even the bus breaking down an hour from Eau Claire :) I feel as though I have gained so much from this trip. I got to see places I have only read about or seen on TV (such as Dr. King's tomb and the hotel where he was assinated along with Central High School in Little Rock). I love how this trip was a great mix of educational stops (museums, historical sites, walking tours), free fun time (all the time that was given in each city to wander around and explore), volunteering (at the homeless shelter and in the Katrina area) and all the great people I got to meet. Not only did I get to meet wonderful, fun people I hope to keep in touch with from EC, but I got to meet people from all over the country. One night while hanging out in the French Quarter, we met some guys who were with Habitat for Humanity from USC and worked with people from Stout that day. I think the person I was most excited to meet was Rev. Kyle. I am so grateful for the leaders of this trip to allow us to accept the invitation from the very generous group who let us share their experience. I was given the opportunity to tell Rev. Kyle how much his speech inspired me. He gave me a hug and thanked me for my kind words. I thanked him for everything he has done for the people of the United States and recieved a tighter hug. It is something I will never forget. I want to give a big shout out to everyone (especially January and Jodi) for making this trip happen. Sign me up for next year's trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment