Thursday, March 22, 2012

The Journey

This pilgrimage has meant so much to me. I have learned more about the Civil Rights Movement from this trip than I ever could from a textbook. Hearing personal testimonies, seeing the footage and pictures, and experiencing life in the south has really been an eye opening experience. I still feel like I have to process what I have all learned in this trip. So for now I will just post some pictures from the experience.
Martin Luther King Jr. and Coretta Scott King Tomb in Atlanta, Georgia 

Middle house: Martin Luther King Jr.'s childhood home

The quote was by a Freedom Rider from my hometown!

It was raining during our tour of the 9th Ward; however you can still see how beautiful these new homes are.  These homes are from the Make it Right Foundation. The strange part was seeing these beautiful homes and then looking across the street and seeing abandoned homes from Hurricane Katrina.

Jackson Square in New Orleans

Speakers from Selma. They shared incredible stories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment