Saturday, January 15, 2011

New Orleans

Yesterday after we visited a beautiful beach in Mississippi, we arrived at New Orleans. Last night I went out with my friends, and we went to the French Quarter. I heard that there were a lot people in the French Quarter, but I did not find many people in there last night. There are a lot of bars there, and every bar had some people. I really wanted to attend them. Unfortunately, I am underage.

This morning I had a bus trip. A native driver took us to visit the city. He is not only a driver, but also a tour guard. This guy took us to a lot of places and buildings that are very famous and classical. He told us many historical stories about these places and buildings. For example, a lot of houses in New Orleans are built very tall. The guard told us that this way can in case of the hurricane. There are so many things like this one. I could learn a lot from the bus trip. I can learn a lot about African American’s history and culture. Then the bus took me to the finally destination-- Zulu Land. It is an African American museum. It shows the history about the slavery. It was my first time to see many facts about slavery with my own eyes. The museum listed a lot of cultural relics and historical documents about slavery. I knew that slavers had to wear fetters when they were working. I knew that if a slaver wanted to be free, he or she had to pay 400 dollars to his or her slave owner every day. 400 dollars!! That is impossible at that time. So the slavers had to work until their death. Slavery is a sadness and tragic history. It cannot happen again.

After visiting the museum, I went back to the hotel. I am so tired today.

1 comment:

  1. Keep telling that history:

    Read the novel, Rescue at Pine Ridge, where Buffalo Bill Cody meets a Buffalo Soldier, the greatest fictionalized 'historical novel’ ever written. A great story of Black Military History, the first generation of Buffalo Soldiers. The website is; http://www.rescueatpineridge.com This is the greatest story of Black Military History...5 stars Amazon, and Barnes & Noble. Youtube commercials are: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iD66NUKmZPs and
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVslyHmDy9A&feature=related

    Rescue at Pine Ridge is the story of the rescue of the famed 7th Cavalry by the 9th Cavalry Buffalo Soldiers. The 7th Cavalry got their butts in a sling again after the Little Big Horn Massacre, fourteen years later, the day after the Wounded Knee Massacre. If it wasn't for the 9th Cavalry Buffalo Soldiers, there would of occurred, a second massacre of the 7th Cavalry. This story is about, brutality, compassion, reprisal, bravery, heroism and gallantry.

    I know you’ll enjoy the novel. I wrote the story that embodied the Native Americans, Outlaws and African-American/Black Soldiers, from the south to the north, in the days of the Native American Wars with the approaching United States of America.

    The novel was taken from my mini-series movie of the same title, “RaPR” to keep my story alive. Hollywood has had a lot of strikes and doesn’t like telling our stories…its been “his-story” of history all along…until now. The movie so far has attached, Bill Duke directing, Hill Harper, Glynn Turman, James Whitmore Jr. and a host of other major actors in which we are in talks with.

    When you get a chance, also please visit our Alpha Wolf Production website at; http://www.alphawolfprods.com and see our other productions, like Stagecoach Mary, the first Black Woman to deliver mail for the United States Postal System in Montana, in the 1890's, “spread the word”.

    Peace.

    ReplyDelete