Friday, January 21, 2011

Aaron Zucker - Day 10: Memphis to home

The first thing that we did in Memphis was visit the Slave Haven Underground Railroad Museum/Burkle Estate. It was very interesting to me how the Burkle house was so well preserved and had such a rich history. I found it kind of scary how small the basement of the house was and knowing how many people had been in there over its years of use. From there we went to the National Civil Rights Museum. I really liked that we finished up this trip at this museum. It showed pictures from the places that we had visited and learned about. It really made me reflect on all that we had done. From there I went across the street to the Conspiracy Museum. I found quite surprising learning about the back story of the man who shot Dr King. It really made me wonder how many more people like him are out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment