Sunday, March 28, 2010

Civil Rights Day 2

Hey it's Danielle!! So I went on this trip, at first, just to get out of Wisconsin for the week. However, I have definitely gotten more than I bargained for! So for we have learned about MLK Jr and saw his birth house and tomb, which was intense. It was new to me to think of Civil Rights as something that has happened relatively recently and not far off in the past. I also really enjoyed the Baptist Church service, which was, in one word: soulful. It was moving and I really appreciated their hospitality. It is only day 2 but I have already learned more about Civil Rights than any classroom has taught me. This is going to (and has already been) an amazing trip! Going to bed now...I'll blog again soon! :)

love from Birmingham :)

No comments:

Post a Comment