Monday, January 11, 2010

Oh baby!

Today we went to the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) and got to join in with Doctor Pamela King’s class. In her class we discussed the importance of the civil rights movement in Birmingham and got to hear how the people from the south feel about the movement. I was really pleased to hear that they do their best to keep the history of the movement alive. They do not deny the fact that a lot of horrible things happened there, instead they accept that it did happen and educate others to try to prevent it from happening again.. I really enjoyed that class, I feel like I am slowly putting a puzzle together when I hear what others point of view was during the movement and I am slowly putting together a story that needs to be passed down from generation to generation. After getting to eat at UAB, we headed towards the Rosa Parks Museum and Library. It was a really nice small museum with the history of what happened after she refused to get off the bus. Rosa Parks’ courage to stand up for her rights should be an inspiration to everyone to have the courage to stand up for what we believe is correct. After the Museum we got to go to Dreamlands Bar-B-Que, it was very delicious! The people in Alabama are so hospitable, I have never been called baby so many times in my life! But I must admit it makes you feel very nice though. After being in Alabama it makes me want to live here, everyone is so friendly! I Love it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment