Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I Have Been Forever Changed

I can't believe this trip is over...and I can't believe that the class is almost over also :( This has been one of the best experiences of my life, no doubt about it. I feel like a different person coming back to Eau Claire. My life has been touched by the people whom we had the privilege of talking with during the trip; I have met so many great people who went on the trip. (You guys are all AWESOME and made this trip THAT much more enjoyable! Thank you.)

This whole experience has taught me a lot about the ordinary people who made the Civil Rights Movement possible and a success. It also taught me a lot about spreading the word and speaking out, telling your story or others' stories. By talking, you have the ability to inspire other people to share their stories. Most of all, this trip has taught me to TAKE ACTION! Everyday, I see things that I want to change or do something about, but I never really think that I have the capability to do something about it; going on this trip has definitely motivated and encouraged me to take action and actually do the things I PLAN to do. I am excited to start the projects that this pilgrimage has inspired me to do! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment