Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Thoughts

I didn't know much about the civil rights movement before I joined this trip. I think it's because I'm not American, and I thought that it wasn't my problem. I now know more about the background of the black people. I didn't really know how they felt. I felt that it was wrong and I didn't know why the whites treated them like that. Even after the trip I can't understand it. I just don't get it. I went to an International school in Japan, so most of my friends were a different race as me. We never felt that we were different from each other. In fact my best friend is black. I never thought about her skin color or my skin color.
I'm really glad that now they have equal rights. Also I know why the black people were so happy when president Obama got elected. I think I learned a lot from this trip. Not just American culture and history but the way of thinking. I had fun and I learned a lot! Thanks for the opportunity.
Kyoko

No comments:

Post a Comment