Monday, January 19, 2009

Unforgettable experience

I remember a sentence in Rosa Parks Museum: thanks to those people who believe they can do something to make a difference. In National Civil Rights Museum, "movements do not begin with movements, but begin with individuals."

Today I went to Sunset Ceremony on campus in memory of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. When people read or said something about him and the civil right, I felt different cause I knew it. I did learn some important knowledge about American history during this trip as I wished.

People shall know things well enough before they make their critical opinions heard. I just threw a glance at this great progress of American people, but I was touched by those brave thoughts, actions and spirits and be proud of the glorious victory.

Everyone should hold together to create a wonderful future. Joining the Civil Right Pilgrimage is one of the most correct dicisions which I made after I came to America.

Thank you so much, everyone!

Lizzie

No comments:

Post a Comment