Friday, January 16, 2009

A bit o' Jazz & Music

Lets just say that this day has been one of the most wonderful days ever. Today this morning the group went to the New Orleans archives and it probably was the most extensive collection of artifacts that I have ever seen. The portraits of Andrew Jackson, the art, the architecture was amazing. Our tour guide was very knowledgable and knew exactly what was going on. And what was great is that he geared it towards civil rights. From there I had a free day of my own which was amazing. I had the best quesadillas ever at this wonderful restaurant. And then I went to St. Louis Cathedral, the same one that Pope John Paul II visited in the 80's. It was beautiful! The Contemporary Arts Museum was the best Art Museum I have ever been in! The exhibits were setup beautifully.

Overall todays day was amazing. Pictures are to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment