Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Barbershop


Hi Everyone!

I tried blogging last night but the internet connection didn't get along with my computer.

What a wonderful time I have been having!!! The knowledge I have learned and the wisdom I have gained are immeasurable. I am saddened by the public school system that I was educated in. As it propped me up in many ways to succeed, it never gave me the knowledge and tools to think about and tackle the complicating and wildly important Civil Rights issue(s). I wish I could provide to you how special and inspiring this trip has been for me...

Today I decided (kind of last minute) to get my haircut. I was really intrigued by the MANY barber shops I walked past in downtown Birmingham and thought it would be fun (assuming it was like the movies/tv show stereotypes) to get my haircut and face shaved in a southern style barber shop. FYI, it was just like the stereotype :)

It was really fun, the guys were so nice and it was very...vintage. Enjoy some pictures!

(PS, Quote of the Day: "Ya'll down here for Black History?! I AM Black History! I'm so old!" -My Barber

1 comment:

  1. Very nice Steve! Hope you're having a great time! Can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete