Sunday, January 11, 2009

Atlanta/Birmingham! Church Service to Civil Rights Institute

Lets just say that today was one of the most inspirational, educational and remarkable days of my life. We woke up at 5:45 in the morning and departed the hotel at 7 am to get to the 8am service. The service was probally the best service that I have ever been today. When I think of church, I think of community, and that is what Ebenezer prouds itself on, a tight-knit community that worships Jesus Christ. The music by far was the best part and it uplifted me so much and the clapping and moving around was undescribale. From there my group went on a birthplace tour of MLK Jr. From that I learned so much more about the family and the social aspects they had to deal with. From there we headed to Birmingham and went to the wonderful Civil Rights Institute right across from the 16th Street Baptist Church. This trip has taught me so much so far and we are only one day in. Nothing in a classroom compares to the actual touch and feel and emotion that you get from a trip like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment