Thursday, March 27, 2008

Article

Hi Everyone!
The article in the Leader Telegram was great today. I hope that you all got a chance to read it. To all of you that went on the trip, I want to thank you for touching my heart by the thought that you gave to the issue of civil rights over your break from school. It would have been really easy for you to make a different choice over your break--to do something much less meaningful. Instead, you chose to learn about injustices in both our past and present here in the United States. You opened your mind to the idea that we all need to care about the injustices in our world and that each of us plays a role in correcting them. I know that each one of you is going to take something from that experience and make our world better in your own unique way. That thought brings me such joy. THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment