Monday, January 12, 2015

Winterim 2015 Journey

In 2007 when four students came with their Residence Hall Director to talk with me about the possibility of beginning an alternative spring break focusing on civil rights, I could not have imagined the potential of their idea.  Today, I know fully the potential of a good idea and the creativity and hard work of a committed group of UW-Eau Claire students.  This travel experience, now known as the UW-Eau Claire Civil Rights Pilgrimage is so much more than a travel experience. It is the beginning of a life-long journey of self exploration, critical thinking, and social change.

As we begin our Winterim 2015 trip, I am especially grateful to each of the student coordinators who has added their own piece to this puzzle over the last seven years.  I am a better person because of each of you.  And, to all of the students who have taken this journey with me, I pledge to do better and be better because of the chance to learn and grow with you.  We are beginning Monday of our journey now.  I'll post pictures from our beginning days now.  Eager to learn today.
Photos taken by Hiedi Giacalone, UW-Eau Claire Student.































No comments:

Post a Comment