Friday, January 16, 2015

The March Continues

The opportunity to retrace the Voting Rights March inspired the UW-Eau Claire students to continue the work started by college students and young people during the civil rights movement. Ms. Joanne reminded us that we all hold an important piece of the movement for social change. She challenged us to think about what skills and talents we each bring to the social change movement as we were walking across the bridge. 

As I walked I thought with intense conviction about how I can use my gifts when I get back to Eau Claire. Much like my first trip across the bridge in 2008, I committed myself to improving access to higher education and equal opportunities within the K-12. System. We still have so much work to do to realize that vision. This bridge crossing helped me to think of the courage needed to fight for what is right for the children of our community...ALL children! 



No comments:

Post a Comment