Tuesday, March 20, 2012

I am a senior Special Education major and will be graduating in May. That hopefully means I will have my own classroom and students at the beginning of next school year. It is now the fourth day on the trip and I have gained an overwhelming amount of information. The knowledge I am gaining is inspiring me to be a teacher who will teach their students not only about Martin Luther King Jr. and Rosa Parks when teaching US history. Although they were very important people, I am learning there are many other people, male and female, who suffered and were murdered for a cause they felt so strongly about. It is important for all students to gain this knowledge in order for them to understand our nation's history. I want to be a teacher who doesn't just feed students information, but teaches them how to think critically about the information they are presented with. This entire trip so far has challenged me to think about the way in which I was taught as well as what information I was taught. This experience will make me a better teacher!

No comments:

Post a Comment