Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Reflections

Yesterday we returned from the Civil rights pilgrimage, and I would have to say it was one of the best experiences of my college career so far. I experienced and learned more in the past 10 days then any winter break before. I learned so much about the struggle for civil rights, and those who were strong enough to stand up for what they believed in. One of the most amazing parts of the trip was the number of people we were able to listen to who were actually there, both because its powerful to hear the first hand accounts of the era, but also because its a reminder of how this all happened relatively recently.
Another highlight of the trip was being able to explore all of the cities we visited, my favorites were probably New Orleans, Little Rock, and Memphis. However, I must say I was able to take away something from every place we went to. It was also great to be able to meet everyone who went on the trip and shared my experiences. There were so many wonderful people that I might not of had the chance to meet without this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment