Monday, March 21, 2011

MLK

Today is a special day. When we arrived at Ebenezer Baptist Church, we were told that the serve would open at 11 a.m. Therefore, we first visited Martin Luther King, Jr.’s Tomb and Dr. King’s birth home.

Martin Luther King, Jr. was born January 15, 1929 at 501 Auburn Avenue, the home of his maternal grandparents. He lived in there until he became 12 years old. The house was protected very well. When I went inside, I felt it was very cozy. The bedrooms for the kids are very cute and beautiful. And the kitchen was reserved as someone was going to prepare a supper there.

At around 11 a.m. we went to Ebenezer Baptist Church. It was the 125 years ceremony. And the church serve was great. Everyone was enthusiastic and friendly. This is my first church serve. I hope I can have more chance in the future.

We skipped our lunch and headed to Birmingham Civil Right Institute directly. It surprised me that it had Tiananmen Square Event exhibited there. The videos are blocked in China. I appreciate the journalist who kept those videos and reserved them. Those videos recorded what really happened in China during April 1989 to June 1989. And I hope China, both the government and the people can regard this event correctly soon. And I wish the government of China can tell us the truth about what was really happening during that period. On the other hand, I am grad that China can help the world partly in the movement on the civil right.

No comments:

Post a Comment