Friday, January 7, 2011

The wheels on the bus go round and round...

This evening will mark the beginning of our 10 day trip across the southern US, following loosely in one of the most unique periods of our nation's social history: the civil rights movement. I hope the experience proves to be a voyage into the past as well as the future... unveiling what great hurdles have been overcome and what challenges still remain. I am very excited to learn on this trip, as I have heard the experience is life changing.

But, in all honesty, we all know that's not the only reason I am going. Dixieland is rich in culture and a big part of that is food. As a foodie, I'm looking forward to devouring some amazing southern style comfort food - it's legendary! I'm also looking forward to nearly every stop on our trip, from the museums to the cultural hotspots. I intend to fully absorb the experience, one fact and one dish at a time.

Bon voyage,
Nick Hogan

No comments:

Post a Comment