Friday, January 14, 2011
Learning About Little Rock Central High
1. Exploring the exhibits at the Little Rock Central High School National Historic Site Visitor Center across the street from Little Rock Central High.
2. All of us in front of Little Rock Central High School, the school where nine black students integrated the white school system on September 25, 1957.
3. A park ranger telling us about the Central High conflicts and members of the Little Rock Nine today.
4. Spirit Trickey-Rowan, the daughter of one of the Little Rock Nine (Minnijean Brown-Trickey) took some time to speak with us about her mother and how her mother's life inspired her to return to Little Rock and work in the Visitor Center.
5. Nick and Sarah amidst the monument created in honor of the Little Rock Nine in front of the Arkansas state capitol building.