Saturday, March 27, 2010

So last night we loaded the bus at 4pm in EC then we stopped in Madison for dinner and then we were on our way. We stopped briefly in IL at a rest stop to get ready for bed and then we had to get all tucked in the bus for our night. It was incredibly hard to sleep on the bus and I am guessing that I slept about 4 or 5 hours on and off. I am too tall for comfortable sleeping on a cramped bus :( Anyway in the morning at about 8am we stopped in Tennessee for breakfast at good ole McD's and we were able to change and freshen up. Then we drove to Atlanta, GA and it took about like 3 1/2 hours and I fell asleep a little and we watched a lot of movies. Then we finally arrived in Atlanta to listen to our speaker Dr. Robert Baker and it was a little dissapointing we didn't get to hear his full speach because we were late. We all felt pretty grimy and tired but the highlight of my day was after lunch I paid for entrance into the Coca-Cola museum! It was so cool with a lot of history of coke then they played a brief video and then we self-guided our way through the rest. Once again since we were running late through the day we had to rush. We got to see the factory of it being packaged and then we also got to go through and taste 64 flavors from coke from around the world! Some were really good like watermelon or green apple (Asia had the best) and some were really bad like from Italy and the rest in Europe were not as good :( At the end we got to grab a free coke bottle to go and I bought a shot glass at the gift shop and we got back on the bus to our hotel! It was also really nice weather out! Lastly, we checked into the Comfort Inn and Suites and we got pizza for the whole group and then I jumped into the pool which was freezing and then chilled in the hot tub and relaxed my legs after the long bus...it was nice. Now it is about 9:30pm and I am tired and ready to sleep in a REAL bed so that I can shower tomorrow and be fully rested for morning in Atlanta and afternoon in Birmingham!!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment