Monday, March 29, 2010

Believing in the power of change

I am so happy that I came on this trip!!! It is only Tuesday and I feel like I am a whole NEW person. The images and stories of the people that made the Civil Rights movement possible has inspire me to make a change in the world and to be a better person. It makes me sad to think that we are still fight for equal rights and that America is still segregated. People died believing in this cause and yet we struggle to end segregation.
I have learned that even the smallest changes can have a HUGE impact. My AMAZING friend Kyrie and I had a conversation about the changes we can make on our campus and what inspire us to make a difference. It is refreshing to hear Kyrie speak with such inspiration and know that I am not the only one that feels like making a difference in this world.
As a future Social Worker, this trip has put things into perspective for me. I know that I want to empower people to make a difference for themselves. I also want to continue to fight for social justice and equal rights. I would also like to add that Martin Luther King, is my hero. I strongly believe that we he did for our country was the most inspiring and fascinating things that any human could of ever of done;0)



“The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.”- Eleanor Roosevelt

No comments:

Post a Comment