Thursday, January 14, 2010

We Shall Overcome

This trip has been the best one I have coordinated since I started my path on my journey over a year and half ago. This expedition started in the cold and has warmed up dramatically. That however, has not stopped the attitude of the students. I have not met a group of students so motivated to learn about the movement and their reactions, stories, and hearts have really made this worth while for me. I love how this trip is never the same, and I have learned so much more this time than before. That is one thing that I have learned about the movement, when you think you have got a handle of the movement, there is always something that will come out of nowhere.
New Orleans has been beautiful and what I really appreciate about this trip is it really gives the students a sense of culture that they will no way be able to get in Wisconsin. I really enjoyed our college visits to Tulane, University of Alabama-Birmingham and Georgia State University. Through these three institutions we have setup of connections that will last through the years and build relationships that we can be proud of.

From a little residence hall idea to where the trip is now, I am proud and honored to say that I am a part of this trip's legacy. It will be so hard to step down at the end of the year but the foundation that I helped create will influence so many for the future, and for me that is perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment