Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Today I cried...

Today we had the opportunity to talk to two amazing women who at the tender ages of 14 and 9 were apart of the Bloody Sunday event. We had the pleasure of having them show us around their home of Selma, AL and show us what events took place during the march from Selma to Montgomery. Over dinner they displayed a very heart breaking story of what happened that day. Linda, the older sister, told a heart breaking story of being beaten by a policeman during bloody Sunday and then running to a safe place to find her younger sister laying there in someones arms and thinking she was dead. This is where I found myself in tears with her as she told the story of what was going through her mind as she thought her sister was dead. All I could think was about what I would do in that situation, and I became speechless. I don't know what I would have done. I've found my new hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment