Friday, January 8, 2010

Thoughts While Packing

So yesterday I was asked if I was "ready" for this trip and I wasn't quite sure how to answer. I'm of course so excited for this experience, especially since reading about all of these phenominal, inspiring women and men this week. But as for being "ready", I'm really not sure what's in store for me and my peers down there and I think that's really exciting. Back in the era of the Civil Rights fight, the activists and fighters couldn't possibly have been fully ready for what battles ensued from day to day, and now we get a taste of that. How awesome is it that the other students and I have a blank canvas of opportunity and the chance to get inspired in a way that we can not even try to predict when we hop onto the bus today at 4.

Alright, well I need to get back to packing. Talk to you all soon!

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited for the experiences you're going to have, and I look forward to learning about them from you. Blank Canvases always make for great pictures. Have a safe trip Kathy, and I'm so sad I can't experience this great opportunity with you.

    ReplyDelete