Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sweet Home Alabama




Wow! what a day. Today we woke up super early to attend the Ebenezer Baptist Church Service. The building was breathe taking. I mean it was absolutely amazing. the people were friendly. the choir was outstanding and the Reverend was very energetic and interesting. Following service I ran across the street to caught up with the group because they left me in the restroom haha to see the MLK historical sites. This was my first time seeing and learning about the civil rights this way so when I read some of the facts and articles about pictures hanging and their purposes I began to cry. I was overwhelmed with all of the information and learning about so much hatred. Afterwards we left and traveled to Birmingham. Here we visited the Birmingham Civil rights institute. This was one of the best places I have ever been too. I mean it was amazing. I'll be shocked if anything tops this on the trip. I would go on the trip again just to visit this institute. I LOVED IT!!! Across the street was the 16th street baptist church along with the Kelly Ingram Park. It was really sad seeing the church and thinking about the four girls that died. Kelly Ingram Park was really cool. I liked all the statues. FINALLY we went to the GOLDEN CORRAL!!!!!! The food was great!!!! Can't wait until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment