Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Getting Ready for the Trip

Hey Everybody!
I am Tony and I am one of the coordinators for the upcoming trips in winterim and spring break. Right now I am planning the cities of Atlanta, Birmingham and Montgomery. This time around I am trying to get more first hand experiences by talking to other professors from universities, meet and greets with student groups/women of different parishes (churches) and more focused on women in the civil rights movement (hence the class). I have been on this trip twice and the second time I thought I wouldn't learn anything new and contrary to belief I learned so much more and experienced different things than i expected. Its a little more work this time but i hope the experiences that you will encounter will have a lasting impression and imprint in your lives.

I am so excited for this!

-Tony

1 comment:

  1. I hope you are able to take everyone on the awesome tour of Dexter Ave. Baptist that we went on during the last trip. It was a highlight for me to just be there and stand in the spot where Dr. King delivered his message. I get goosebumps just thinking about it!!

    ReplyDelete